Employment Opportunities East Lyme Public Schools-East Lyme Aquatics
East Lyme Aquatics is a East Lyme Public Schools organization which hires staff for the following jobs:
- Lifeguards (Seasonal & Year Round): Lifeguards are hired year round to monitor patron activity during public hours. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate is required for employment. Minimum age to work as a Lifeguard is 15 years old.
- Welcome Desk Attendant (Seasonal & Year Round): Welcome Desk Attendants are responsible for checking people in to the facility and processing memberships, lesson registration, day passes, and more. Experience with MS & Adobe products preferred. Minimum age to work as a Welcome Desk Attendant is 18.
- Swim Lesson Instructor (Seasonal & Year Round): Swim Lesson Instructors are responsible for teaching the SwimAmerica curriculum. Experience working with young kids is preferred. Lifeguard Certification preferred. No Swim Lesson experience necessary. Volunteers accepted at 13/14 years of age. Minimum age to be an instructor is 15.
- Camp Counselors (Seasonal): Camp counselors are responsible for leading groups in activities throughout the day. They are to assist sport coaches and provide and encouraging and engaging experience for all participants. Minimum age to apply is 15 years old. Experience working with children in a group setting is preferred.
- Camp Counselor in Training (CIT) (Seasonal): Camp counselors in training serve as a positive role model for young children and help to create a positive experience. Being a CIT provides a unique opportunity for youth to build leadership skills, particularly in assisting camp staff with younger campers. The goal of the training program is to develop general skills of leadership that they can use throughout life at school, home and the community. Minimum age to apply is 13 years old.